Saturday, 29 March 2014
I was asked to cut a plain white page of squares for someone at my craft club, but the blade wasn't deep enough so it basically embossed the page, but as you know I can't throw anything away, I thought how could I use this. Well I thought I would play with some inks on it. I have spayed with Dylusions inks and mica spray inks. I have used distress inks through a mask, the metal floor effect. I have used some grunge stamps. I have also just rubbed the ink pad over the page.
I then thought, there is not enough on the page, so found a scroll mask/ stencil, so stencilled through this with a black Promarker pen.
A couple of items I made for my craft room, a banner to hang on the wall and a door sign.
This wreath I made using scrap brown paper, a piece of cardboard and Tim Holtz distressed flower dies (Sizzix). Oh, and a bit of crepe paper for the white flowers with some mica spray inks.
For the Jubilee a, couple of years ago now, we did a challenge in the craft club to do something for the jubilee. I decided to do a never-ending scrapbook page. I had seen one a few years ago at a craft show, but never attempted one. So I found a tutorial on you-tube and gave it a go. I hope you like the result.
Here are a few of my cards I have done recently. Some are using some older stamps I have, but more recently Stampin' Up stamps.
Birthday card made for mum a last year.
Valentines last year.
A birthday card for a musical talent.
A baby leaving card for someone at work.
Male birthday card using Stampin' Up Grunge stamps.
Another birthday card, this time using Coordinations paper, embossed using a Sizzix folder and distressed. The checkered paper, came of a package, you have to recycle these things. Being a crafter, I can't waste anything!
These were made with some new stamps I bought at Alexandra Palace in September last year. They have matching nesting dies by Spellbinders. On the stall they had stamped several and made them into decorations. This was a very good effect. Unfortunately when I made these, the stamp and die is the largest, so to mat the bauble, I hade to punch a larger circle with another die, but leave a bit at the top for the hanging piece. I have used some gold thread on the larger bauble, and a gold gel pen for the smaller baubles for their hanging cords.
This card is using the Stampin' Up Dictionary background stamp, a tree stamp (can't remember the make) over the top, and I think a Technique Tuesday butterfly stamp. I have also embossed the background paper.
Valentine card made this year. The black has been embossed with clear embossing powder with the dictionary stamp again, as has the white circles with black ink. Pleased with the result of this card.
Card using mainly scraps of paper. Birthday stamp a Stampin' Up one again. The papers were free from a magazine. I have a stack of those to use up! Need to make some cards for charity to get rid of some of my scraps.
This card made with a Stampin' Up stamp again. Distressed the edges of the label, put too much ink on the edge, so I dampened the edge with a water brush. I think this card has a rustic feel.
This card I embossed the background again, stamped the background with the dictionary stamp (loving that stamp) and stamped on some small flowers. Used StampinWrite markers for the fine detail here rather than ink pads.
A card made using some retired Stampin' Up stamps and inks. Love the colours.
Used the Petal Parade Sale-a-brate 2014 stamps and Chak Talk stamps for the next three cards. Loving the colours, really vibrant. Used the In colours inks 2012-2014. Stamped a sheet of A4 paper and used as a background to the cards. Still have some to use up.
Monday, 24 March 2014
Been having fun with art journalling. I think I've found a new hobby. Great way to splash some colour over a page.
Found an old notebook and tried out lots of techniques, including using gesso, inks, spray inks, mica sprays, sharpies, stencils, masks, texture pastes, even pages from an old paperback book.