Saturday 26 July 2014

Hanging displays

It's been a hot few days, but not so in my new studio with its air conditioning! 
Spent a couple of hours during the evening after work and did four pages of project life of pictures of the Stampin Up Telford event.

Today in the warm sunshine, I finished off my hanging decorations.  I bought them from a cheap shop for about £3 and they were just a photo of rustic stitched hearts.  So I painted them white a couple of times with some gesso.  I then cut some card the size of the piece of wood to cover it.  
I first stamped the image on the card before gluing to the wood.  
I did one using the retired sunflower stamp (I bought this just before the catalogue retired because it's such a nice stamp) and the daydream medallions.  I used the new hello honey, daffodil delight and crushed curry, and centre of sunflowers smoky slate. I used the floral framelits to cut out the medallions. I stamped out the sunflower again and hand cut these out and layered them all up using foam pads.
Really pleased with the way it turned out.

Stamped in hello honey:


Medallions layered up, love the colours:


I then did the same with butterflies.  Used the large swallowtail butterfly and stamped in lost lagoon and perfect plum. For the centre square, stamped the larger butterflies using the stamp off technique.  Inked up the stamp and stamped three times to get three different shades of the same colour. Then punched them out and layered up. The small butterflies just stamped once, and punched out and layered.


Lost lagoon


Perfect plum

Centre square 


I hope you like them.

This morning I found a perfect picture to go in my studio to go with the beach theme from the range, saw it the other week and thought I must have it, love it.










No comments:

Post a Comment

 Long time no see! Ive been very busy with work and setting up my new cosmetic business.  Ive started making my own soaps, body scrubs, whip...